Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bean Reading-What I need to work on as a future teacher

After reading his article I realized that I most need to work on becoming a deep reader altogether.  Specifically, I need to work on adjusting reading strategies to different genres. I don't have a problem identifying a purpose in most of what I read, but understanding that, based on genre, the reading may be written in a different context, I have to figure out how I can be better at reading it. I also need to know how to identify different genres and how to read based on that genre. Do I skim and look for specific points? Do I read it deeply? What's the point in what I am reading? Learning the different strategies based on genre will also be helpful because then I can teach these skills to my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment