Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Research Issue

So, it took me awhile this past week to decide what my research topic/issue was going to be. I finally came up with something, though, after re-reading the items due this week and realizing that I just needed to come up with the issue, not the actual thesis. Phew! So here it goes...

I had a couple of ideas in mind, but I couldn't really find many resources to use for one of the ideas I had, meaning that I am hoping that the other idea in mind will get me farther than the first. Where I hope to go with this second idea is find out what cultural differences there are in regards to literacy, specifically with children. I want to focus on the gaps in the levels of reading and writing skills and find out what causes these issues. And finally, I want to research ways to resolve these issues. My argument is something I'm not so sure of, yet, but am in the process of developing. I keep asking myself, what is the argument here? What might other people disagree with as far as why I think this is happening or why I think this is even an issue? Hopefully this can be resolved in class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment