Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Thinking About Issues to Research

After reading some of the suggestions of possible research topics related to our composing class, I started thinking of ways that I could make this research paper not only show what I am interested in, but also make it beneficial to me in the long-run, more specifically when I am a teacher and need to teach my students about writing/composing.

A good issue would be cultural differences in writing techniques. More specifically, how people with different cultural backgrounds view writing (do they generally love it/hate it, use it as part of their cultural or religious beliefs, not exposed to it because of other socioeconomic reasons (poverty, privilege, etc.)).

Going kind of along those same lines, another good topic I am considering is the history in writing approaches in public schools in the United States. Maybe even compare those approaches to private schools and see if there is a noticeable difference (more/less resources, higher/lower expectations of the students, etc.).

Either of these topics would greatly benefit me as a future teacher because I can discover techniques I am unfamiliar with within different cultures and backgrounds, and then find ways of applying successful writing techniques and making writing fun to children. These both can help me lay the ground work as a teacher to open up doors that children were unaware existed due to their different backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment