Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Grammar and Mechanics

I pay attention to grammar and mechanics any time I write anything, even an email at work to a coworker. It's something that I consider both a strength and weakness of mine. A strength because I think it's important to write with proper grammar, and to use certain mechanics to make sure my writing is clear and in the format that is appropriate for the writing. It is a weakness of mine because I often spend way too much unnessesary time reading and re-reading and editting a simple writing. Grammar is anything from correct spelling, to using a comma in the right place, to structuring sentences correctly, and using standard english. Mechanics, to me, is using tools available to structure my writing into the format that fits best. It's kind of related to the style, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment