Wednesday, October 22, 2014

In Class Discussion-Midterm Reflection

I now think of the composing process as just that, a process. Writing should take time and we should take it one piece at a time. In order to get the best out of your writing, it should be spread out over a long period of time. Cramming everything into a writing a day or two before it is due will be the worst thing you've ever written. Up until now, I feel like this is how I wrote everything in high school and even college. All I wanted was a decent grade and I was happy. Now I see that anyone can be a good writer if they just take the time in what they are writing.

The readings and discussions have been very helpful in establishing what good writing is and what it can be. As I said, writing has always just been work to me, school work. Writing at work is different in that I dont have to hand it "perfect" essays or research papers. However, after this class I will have better feelings about writing and I can also use different techniques now to teach my students about writing, and make it something they are interested in, when I become a teacher.

The process is easy, some of it you may already even know:

-Start with brainstorming, pre-writing. Just get your ideas on paper
-Try to write a couple of paragraphs
-Try to write a few more
-Again, a few more
-Add a conclusion
-Have someone else now read your rough draft (ta-da! you have a rough draft!!)
-Any questions? Thoughts? Concerns? Ask them!!
-With the revised versions and answers from peers and teacher, go back and re-write what you have
-Change any or all of it
-Never stop looking for resources; if you can't find what you're looking for in the sources you already have, look for new ones..you can never have too many
-Read about what others have to say about writing, and the composing process
-Finally, at some point you will have another rough draft
-Have someone read it again
-Turn it into your final draft




No comments:

Post a Comment