Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Revision and Sommers

Sommers explains in her article that there are student and experienced writers who have different perceptions of revision. Student writers see revising and removing and adding better words to make there papers sound more professional. Experienced writers see revising as rewriting, restructuring, and really developing a clearer, more acceptable finished product. Some experienced writers get rid of paragraphs and even pages altogether and replace them with new ideas they didn't think of at first. Students, on the other hand, think revising is about grammar only.
I will make sure that I look at my paper from an experienced writers perspective, which I already think I am doing. I have been working on my second draft all weekend and I have spent about three hours just changing the content that I already had. I still haven't continued my paper, just focused on and adjusted what was already there. So I am re-reading and re-writing and reorganizing as I see fit. I haven't really focused any time on changing different words or using different grammar, so I believe that I can call myself "experienced".

No comments:

Post a Comment