Monday, October 20, 2014

My Response to Fellow Writers

After reading Faigley and Harris’ article about revision, I have some general ideas on how I will respond to the writings of my classmates:
·         I will have an open mind to the fact that the writer has their own voice and their own style of writing and that it is different than my own
·         I will only provide suggestions to organization and flow, but not be too critical as the writer may have their own ideas about what works best for their writing
·         I will provide punctuation and spelling corrections to only obvious mistakes, not certain grammar that is there for the purpose of making a point
·         I will attempt to provide additional thoughts/ideas they could use for their writing if they find it useful
·         Finally, I will be honest and open about my thoughts, without being offensive or too critical

No comments:

Post a Comment